One of the best and worst parts during the holidays are the treats. There are so many delicious goodies to partake of, but a good number of them are unhealthy, processed foods full of sugar. And with so many events and people offering you more, it can cause a bit of a toll on your self-restraint.
Fortunately, there is a great deal of amazing, healthy foods we can enjoy instead; we just have to find them. I’ll get you started with a yummy granola recipe, perfect for the season as it’s filled with pumpkin, cranberries, and cinnamon. Keep some of these and other yummy, healthy recipes around through the season and take them with you to parties as an alternative to all that white sugar. Believe me, your friends will love them too.
- 3 cups organic gluten-free slow cook oats
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ½–¾ cup organic BPA-free pumpkin
- ¼ cup tablespoon maple syrup (non-vegan option: raw unpasteurized honey)
- ¼ teaspoon natural vanilla
- ¼ vanilla bean (scraped, optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1–2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Pinch Himalayan crystal salt
- ½ cup dried or fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ⅓ cup pecans
1. Preheat oven to 250F .
2. In a sauce pan on LOW heat, melt honey or syrup and coconut butter and add cinnamon, pumpkin spice, salt, vanilla, vanilla bean, orange zest, orange juice, and pumpkin.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine oats, pecans, and cranberries.
4. Once coconut butter mixture is melted, pour all contents over the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly combined and all dry ingredients are wet.
5. Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with parchment paper and press the mixture firmly down into the dish using your hands.
6. Bake for 30–45 minutes or until oats are golden in color.
7. Allow to cool before serving with your choice of nut milk & a scoop of vanilla SUNWARRIOR protein!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.