Sink your fangs into a Halloween treat that is as delicious as it is healthy: Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins with a Halloween twist. So, roll up your sleeves, grab your cauldron (or mixing bowl), and whip up a batch of these moist, chocolatey, and pumpkin-infused delights that will taste so magical it'll feel like witchcraft.
Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
For the muffins:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼ cup Sunwarrior Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease muffin tin
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, applesauce, and maple syrup or agave nectar.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Let them cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the spiderweb topping (optional), mix the powdered sugar and almond milk until it forms a thick but pourable consistency. Drizzle it over the muffins in a spiral pattern to create a web-like design.
Be sure to explore Sunwarrior’s premium organic Cocoa powder – the secret ingredient behind the spellbinding richness of these muffins. Whether it's for a hauntingly good breakfast or a wickedly sweet dessert, these muffins are sure to cast a delectable spell on your Halloween gathering. 🎃🍫🔮