Summertime doesn’t have a lot of marathons or century bike rides to offer. But after summer vacations, endurance events start to fall onto our autumn calendars, and it’s time to fuel up and get moving. Summer was abundant in delicious fruits and vegetables, and after that, how can fall compare? If you loved the fruits of summer, sometimes the change of season feels limiting if you don’t have some exciting fall flavors to look forward to. I’m here to help you find just the flavors you need to energize and feel fulfilled. Let’s fuel our fall workouts with some pears, apples, and pumpkins!
By Rebecca Maldonado, Energy Optimizer
- 1 ripe pear or apple
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 small zucchini, peeled
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic or Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 3–4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1–2 cups of water
- Stevia to taste
Blend well in a high speed blender. It should have a thick consistency and color like chocolate but should be liquid enough to pour and drink.
This is a great drink for endurance and will keep you full for an extended period of time.
Perhaps you’d like something a little more seasonal though. Want to have pumpkin pie after your workout? Try this!
- 2 scoops Sunwarrior Classic or Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 5 frozen cubes of organic pumpkin puree (scoop into ice cube tray, then freeze)
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 frozen organic banana
- 1/2 cup organic almond or soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
Optional Add Ins:
- Sweetener to taste (I use nothing but local, raw, organic honey, stevia, or organic maple syrup)
- Organic maple flavor (for those who cannot consume the sugar in maple syrup!)
- Organic vanilla extract (about 1/2 teaspoon)
Add into blender and pulse until thick and creamy. This is like dessert, only filled with nutrition and antioxidants!
Enjoy fueling your fall workouts!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.