Join Kylee, a pro golfer, as she took her journey to a plant-based diet, and enjoy her phenomenal chocolate mint protein bar recipe!
Hi! I would like to start out by sharing a little information about myself and my journey to success. My name is Kylee, and I am a professional golfer competing on mini tours and am very involved with fitness and nutrition. About two years ago, I started my journey of playing on the LPGA and continuously strive to be better. About a year ago my body felt sick and was not performing the way it should be, so I decided to change my diet and lifestyle. I discovered I was sensitive to most food groups and had to cut out dairy, eggs, soy, and wheat. Being a professional golfer calls for a lot of time on the road, so this diet change really limited what I could eat. I became frustrated when I could not eat my normal foods, so I decided to do some research, and that is when I discovered Sunwarrior products.
Sunwarrior Classic Protein Powder brought my spirits back to life! It was easy to incorporate it into recipes and smoothies, and tasty enough to be enjoyed with just almond milk. After making a few different recipes using the classic protein powder, I decided to create my own protein bar that is gluten, dairy, and soy free, as well as vegan. These bars are so yummy, I just had to share them!
This recipe reminds me of Larabars, but is more cost effective, easy to make, and have more protein! A food processor or a Ninja will be needed, and oh, did I mention they are no bake too? You will love them!
Warrior Chocolate Mint Protein Bars
(vegan, paleo and gluten free)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup Classic Chocolate Protein
- ½ tbsp. Peppermint extract
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened Almond milk
- Place nuts in food processor and process until nuts are finely grounded.
- Add in dates and continue pulsing until dates and nuts reach a pea-like consistency.
- Combine protein powder, cocoa powder, peppermint extract and almond milk and process well until the dough forms into a sticky ball.
- Take an 9x9 inch baking dish and line with wax paper (spray a little oil in between the dish and paper to help stay in place)
- Place dough into the dish and flatten, making sure it is even.
- Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and lift wax paper out of dish. Cut into 12 bars.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
The dough may not look perfect in the pan, but they sure taste like heaven! Let the bars set in the freezer for 20 minutes or the fridge for 45 minutes before consuming. Also store these treats in the refrigerator to help them last longer! Enjoy!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.