Generally speaking, people rush to drink water when it’s hot out or after we’ve been physically active. Those are good times to drink water, but the best time, and the one most people are missing out on, is in the morning. First thing in the morning, that is, on an empty stomach.
After 10 years of coaching friends, family, and clients about healthy habits and practices, water drinking always finds its way into any good conversation about health. Not only are our bodies comprised of 70% water, but so is the earth and almost every other living thing on earth. They all are 70% water and more. Water is king.
What I’m talking about is what is now known as water therapy in some healing circles. Essentially it’s large amounts of water immediately after awaking on an empty stomach. This consists of up to 1.5 liters or so of water upon waking. You should never break a fast with starch or heavy carbohydrates. Liquids are the best way to break a fast, and water in the morning is your best bet to get some real great health benefits!
You have to think of your body while sleeping as being in a state of fasting where it is also repairing itself. An empty stomach allows for more energy to be allocated to the healing and reparation process that your body is going through while sleeping. You don’t ever want to compromise these effects by eating heavy meals before bed nor by eating heavy meals upon waking up.
Water in the morning
- Drinking water on an empty stomach in the morning purifies the colon and allows for better absorption of nutrients in your system.
- To help with weight loss, drinking at least 16 oz. of water in the morning can boost your metabolism by up to 24%.
- Water in the morning hydrates your cells at a superior rate after hours of fasting (sleeping). The rush of hydration to the cells helps in production of blood and muscle cells.
- The high dosages of water help to purge the system of toxins through the bowels and will leave you with glowing skin.
- It helps to flush and balance your lymphatic system which leads to increased immunity, helping you fight a variety of illnesses.
I’ve had a lot of my coaching clients complain to me about how hard it is for them to drink water upon rising in the morning. For a lot of people, they’ve already established a lifelong habit of eating breakfast first thing in the morning. Creating a new morning ritual of drinking water is one that is healthy and super beneficial to your overall long term health care. It is especially an easy way to detoxify your system without having to make major changes to your lifestyle.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.