While I won't suggest you stop reading this article (why, you've only just begun!), by doing so you're increasing your exposure to electromagnetic radiation frequencies from your computer, smart phone, or that iPad thingy.
The truth is, we're always exposed to magnetic fields and frequencies radiating towards us from the sun, other celestial bodies, even the Earth's own magnetic poles. But, we're now living in a world where our exposure to manmade frequencies is on the rapid increase. Of course, Wi-FI makes our lives much easier and more fun, but our silly, slow-evolving bodies are taking a bit of time to get used to this new world we've so rapidly created. The frequencies generated by our plugged in world are a type of radiation that can interfere with the body's own systems, which can wreak havoc. Eectrosensitivity is a growing health concern that can cause frequent headaches, fatigue, sensitivity to light, heart problems, and issues focusing. It's been linked to serious issue with reproductive abilities, and even pinpointed as promoting certain types of cancer.
If you don't do it already, it's important to take breaks from technology. Spend at least an hour a day away from your phone, the computer, the television. Don't use the devices right before bed, either, and keep the cell phones away from your bed when you sleep. (I know, but it's your alarm. Mine too. Just reach for it—keep it one to two feet from your head, at least!)
Eat organic foods and fruits and vegetables, which provide high levels of antioxidants that can boost your protection from free radical damage due to EMFs. Also make sure to alkalize your body with green foods and lemon juice. Keeping the body out of a highly acidic state can help boost immune function and decrease some of the issues associated with EMFs. Stay hydrated, too. A well-hydrated body can better protect itself.
If you're in need of more protection from EMFs or are healing from recent over-exposure, you can also give the following herbs a try:
- Reishi mushroom: The "king" of Traditional Chinese Medicine, reishi can boost immune function and help to protect the body from EMFs.
- Ginseng: This adaptogen is highly effective in resetting the body's many systems. It's potent in mitigating the influence of electromagnetic radiation, too.
- Turmeric: The spice common in curried foods is a powerful antioxidant that can boost your cellular resistance to EMF exposure.
- Green Tea: Also a great source of antioxidants, green tea can enhance your body's immune function to ward off possible EMF damage.
- Vitamin C: A potent antioxidant found in a number of foods and herbs, making sure your vitamin C intake levels are high can prevent free radicals from squeezing into your cells.
- Olive leaf: Another powerful antioxidant, olive leaf extract has been shown to help reduce the effects of EMFs and boost the body's recovery.
- Polygonum: A less common but still powerful antioxidant, polygonum has been used to protect cells from damage associated with free radicals and EMFs.
- Pycnogenol: Pine bark extract is known as a very powerful antioxidant that can give the body EMF protection.
- Bilberry: This antioxidant will not only give you EMF protection, but it's also an excellent herb for eye health. Eyes can quickly become strained and irritated by staring at electronic devices.
Learn more about Jill Ettinger
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.