Sometimes we're just busy. Sometimes we're cold and hungry. Sometimes we want our house to smell amazing! Overnight vegan stew gives us everything!
Pull out the slow cooker! Slow cookers are wonderful tools for busy lifestyles. I know you have one somewhere. If you can’t find yours, ask your friends. It’s probably in a box in someone’s garage.
Into the slow cooker, wash and toss in all of these, organic where possible, ingredients.
Overnight Vegan Stew
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3–6 garlic cloves
- Red onion (cut into squares)
- 1 can tomato paste
- Vegan veggie bouillon or Not Chicken broth bouillon, 1–2 Tbsp.
- 2 celery stalks, sliced large (or a celery root cut up)
- 4 carrots, sliced large
- ½ bag frozen peas1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon culinary sage
- 1 cup uncooked white beans
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- Paprika or smoked paprika to taste
- Good mineral salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1–2 bay leaves
- Filtered water to cover all of this by 1–2” above the veggies (don’t overflow your cooker!)
You can let this cook overnight on low and it will smell up the house wonderfully in the morning.
- Add some spinach before serving. Let the heat break it down a bit, and stir it in.
- Almost any bean can be used with this, including lentils or garbanzos.
- Add a pinch of organic cinnamon or nutmeg if you’d like too.
- Add some vegan fake meat strips, like faux steak strips.
You can serve this in front of the fireplace in a bread bowl or giant wintery looking ceramic bowl, even if it’s not winter! Enjoy!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.