Cozy up with tea and a warm protein cookie this fall!
I have always been a lover of cookies, and even more, I love cookies with tea. Something about this pairing makes cosmic sense. Call it comfort food, but the tea and cookie experience reminds me of my childhood, where we often shared a cup of tea and good old McCormick Social Tea Biscuits with friends and family. Tea and cookies bring back warm-hearted memories.
This cookie may not be the once-loved McCormick Social Tea Biscuit, but it can certainly stand on its own just as well.
With great ingredients such as quinoa flakes, almond milk, and of course my favorite Classic vanilla protein, this cookie now has a place with fond memories of sweet tooth satisfaction.
Both the quinoa flakes and Sunwarrior protein powder add a boost of protein not typically found in your everyday cookies. Conventional cookies are loaded with sugar and fat and have virtually zero health benefit. This cookie offers a good balance of both protein and carbohydrates, equally standing at twenty and twenty-five grams respectively. Not too bad for a moist and chewy goodness that might just take you right back to your own fond memories!
The Tea Protein Cookie
Total Time: 30 minutes
Equipment: food processor, small iron skillet
- ¼ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 scoop Classic vanilla protein
- ½ cup almond milk (can use coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon organic baking powder (gluten free, aluminum free & corn free)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth and all ingredients are well combined.
- Cut parchment paper round to place in the iron skillet.
- Pour batter on top of the parchment paper in the skillet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes on one side. Remove the cookie from the oven and turn over to bake the other side. Bake for another 15 minutes or until cooked right through. Use a toothpick to test readiness.
- Let cool completely before eating.
Yields: 1 serving