There is a divine deliciousness in this protein- and antioxidant-rich power smoothie, and it’s perfect pre or post workout or just about any ole time. Besides being nutrient dense and super easy to make, pumpkin boasts pre-biotic power, and the spices (like ginger and cinnamon) are ideal for their anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties. You can make this green if you like by adding in a large handful of dark leafy greens like the infamous kale or spinach. Ormus greens work well too. Vary it up and taste test with your favorite greens and let me know what your favorite is.
Pumpkin Pie Perfection Smoothie with Sunbutter ‘n Orange
1 large serving, vegan, gluten, and dairy free
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (or roasted/canned sweet potato)
- 1 organic orange, zested, peeled and cut into chunks—reserve zest for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sunbutter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds, soaked 2 hours or longer and drained
- 1/2 inch grated gingerroot, if desired
- ¾ to 1 cup non-dairy milk such as organic coconut, almond, or cashew
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- 1 scoop Warrior Blend vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup ice, if desired
- Optional: 1 teaspoon maple syrup, raw honey, molasses, or a date, pittedHandful dark leafy greens such as spinach, kale, or romaine
- Garnish: raw cacao nibs
- Garnish: pumpkin seeds
- Garnish: pumpkin pie spice
- Garnish: orange zest
Combine everything in your powerful blender, whirl until thick and creamy, and top with orange zest, pumpkin seeds, or raw cacao nibs and pumpkin pie spice.
Recipes property of www.terigentes.com permission required to reprint.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.