Sometimes, you just need an indulgent snack. This nutty peanut butter and dark chocolate brownie ice cream bar could be just what your sweet tooth needs.
Making these reminded me of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream from 31 Flavors. And with a craving for something chocolaty but also extremely peanut buttery, the combination of nut butter to chocolate came out at a perfect six to one ratio in this recipe.
These nutty peanut butter & dark chocolate brownie ice cream bars have broken the hunger barrier. One bite is decadent heaven. Imagine showers of peanut butter cups over a bed of peanut butter and chocolate ice-cream pillows. And you can imagine getting that great taste, but without the worry of high fat, sugar, and artery-clogging preservatives. So skip the Hӓagen Daz, and enjoy these healthy super-alternatives instead.
Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Bars
Prep Time: 45min + 12hr Chill Time
- 4 scoops Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 2 scoops Classic vanilla protein
- 2 scoops Warrior Blend chocolate protein
- 3.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons old-fashioned peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free coconut flour
- 3 pieces of any gluten-free chocolate chip brownie or cookie
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 tablespoon ground vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A few ice cubes
- Put all ingredients—except Warrior Blend chocolate protein, dark chocolate peanut butter, cacao powder, and chocolate chip brownie or cookie—in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Set blended concoction aside. Combine all other ingredients with crumbled chocolate chip brownie pieces in a food processor and process until mostly creamy but still a little chunky.
- Next, assemble the peanut butter concoction and brownie dark chocolate peanut butter mixture in an ice cream mold and layer each as you would a peanut butter yogurt parfait.
- Place ice cream mold into freezer, and freeze overnight.
- Take out the next day and enjoy as a nutty, high-protein dessert snack.
Itadakimasu! ~ Enjoy!
Want more peanut butter? Try this superfood peanut butter and jelly sandwich!