Life is busy. Living healthy can be time consuming, so simplify by pre-making quick, tasty, on-the-go protein balls to energize you during those workouts.
Who needs bars when you can have a ball? This fast way to make delicious protein balls with extra protein from Sunwarrior Classic Plus protein allows you to work in advance and store you protein balls in your fridge for the entire week. Great before or after a workout, or a satiating snack on-the-go. This recipe is super-fast and easy to make and allows so many different variations.
Easy Sunwarrior Protein Balls
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup soaked dates (make sure there are no pits in them)
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic Plus Protein (you can use chocolate or vanilla)
- 3 tablespoons yacon syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- Pinch of sea salt
Soak dates for 15–30 min to make them soft for blending. (Tip: pour date water into a jar and keep for smoothies or chia cereals). Process soaked dates and all other ingredients into cookie dough-like mixture in a food processor. If the mixture is too wet, add 1–2 teaspoons more protein powder. If too dry, add a tad more yacon syrup to form cookie dough consistency. The dough should be easy to manipulate and roll into balls. It shouldn’t be crumbly (too dry) and it also shouldn’t be sticking all over your hands (too wet).
Roll mixture into one inch balls and place on wax paper. You can layer them between layers of wax paper in airtight container for storage. Keep refrigerated.
You are done! That took you five minutes. And you have high protein treats for the week!
- Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add 3 tablespoons goji berries (Soak your goji berries for 15–30 minutes to soften them. Save the goji water for your next smoothie!)
- Add 3 tablespoons mulberries or golden berries (I love NavitasNaturals.com)
- Use raw walnuts or raw hazelnuts instead of almonds
- Roll into unsweetened shredded coconut
- Roll into chopped pumpkin seeds
- Roll into hemp seeds
- Roll into chopped hazelnuts
What is YACON SYRUP?
Yacon syrup is one of my fave superfood all-natural sweeteners! It is a low-glycemic, thick-liquid sweetener that tastes like molasses. Yacon is a South American tuber that looks a bit like a potato but tastes more like an apple. With half the calories of sugar and a high concentration of indigestible inulin, yacon is a friendly alternative sweetener for diabetics and those looking to reduce sugar.
Feeling that chocolate craving coming on? You might want to try this fabulous fudge bar recipe!