- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup distilled water
- Cumin, salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Drain the water from soaked cashews and process in a food processor until they reach the consistency of ricotta. Remove tough stalks from broccoli before chopping florets. You may discard the stalks or use them in another dish later, just peel the hard exterior first and chop them for an addition to salads or anything else. Add florets, avocado, garlic, and chives to processor. Process ingredients until smooth, adding water as needed, about 1/4 a cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Add spices to your taste and garnish with parsley or chives and serve. Enjoy! Makes 2 servings.