I've been making this soup often for over a year now. It requires almost no effort and is incredibly delicious.
If you whisk 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour into the veggie stock before adding it to the pot, you've got the best gravy on earth (just ask my Thanksgiving guests).
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms (use your favorite variety)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Sunwarrior Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup raw cashews (soak for a few hours if you don't have a power blender)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
In a large saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil. Add the mushrooms once the onions are transparent. Sauté until the mushrooms are reduced in size. Add veggie broth, herbs, and sherry. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove 2 cups of the hot soup. Blend the soup in a blender with the cashews and nutritional yeast til completely creamy. Return to pot, season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat for five more minutes until slightly thickened.