Try a simple, tasty lentil soup recipe for dinner tonight. This recipe doesn't require much work, so relax and enjoy!
Inspired by the cultures of the Middle East, this hearty and flavorful soup, rich with B Vitamins and nutrients such as folate and niacin, will help keep your mood stable during darker months. This is an excellent soup to serve over rice as well!
Middle Eastern Lentil Soup
Makes 6 Servings
- 2½ cups red, green & yellow lentils (Soak for at least 3 hours, then rinse. I soak mine overnight.)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 cups sodium free vegetable stock
- 2½ cups water
- Optional: 6oz new potatoes, pureed
- 1 tomato
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan crystal salt
- 2 scoops Sunwarrior Classic natural protein
Add all ingredients—except protein powder, coriander & sesame seeds—into a slow cooker, cover and cook on medium low for 8–10 hours OR on stovetop for 45–60 minutes on low heat. Stir to be sure all ingredients are well combined.
Remove from heat and add protein powder. Top with a sprinkle of cumin, coriander & sesame seeds and serve with a side of hummus and veggies or Zain’s Raw Flax Crackers.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.