Put a new spin on a tried and true dish with this wakame cucumber salad recipe with oranges. It’s as healthy as it is delicious!
The always funny, always clever, always culinarily creative Jason Wrobel dips into an old-school recipe, the cucumber salad, but with J-Wro’s typical flare. This is one of the first recipes Jason learned in culinary school. This wakame cucumber orange salad is delicious, easy to make, and loaded with essential nutrition. The light, refreshing flavor is the perfect kick-off to a heavier meal.
There isn’t a ton to this recipe. Most of it is prep work, getting your ingredients ready to just toss together and enjoy.
Wakame Cucumber Salad
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, finely minced
- ¼ cup dry wakame, soak for ten minutes
- ¼ cup mirin
- 1/8 cup ume plum or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 capful Sunwarrior Liquid Light
Optional for garnish:
- Black sesame seeds
- Kombu, soaked
- Soak wakame in a bowl of water so it blooms. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Place thinly sliced cucumbers, wedged oranges, and minced cilantro into a mixing bowl and give it a quick mix.
- In a separate bowl, add mirin, ume plum or rice vinegar, organic maple syrup, soy sauce or coconut aminos, and Sunwarrior’s Liquid Light which is rich in minerals and fulvic acid for extra nutrition.
- Whisk that up and drizzle it over your salad, making sure to mix it well.
- Plate it up, and garnish it with black sesame seeds and soaked kombu, another amazing seaweed. Eat it up and enjoy the light, refreshing way to kick off almost any meal. You’ll love it!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.