Start Monday morning off right with a little Blender Boogie and this great tropical blueberry smoothie recipe!
Fitness Expert, Yogi & Smoothie Lover Koya Webb whips up an antioxidant tropical blueberry smoothie.
Apple is considered to be one of the healthiest and most versatile fruit. Apples are found to promote heart health, prevent asthma, and cleanse the liver. They help reduce cholesterol, aid in bone health, and give a much needed boost to the immune system. Blueberries, often labeled as a superfood, are tasty, low in calories, and incredibly good for you. They are believed to contain the highest antioxidants of all commonly consumed fruits. Blueberries are low in calories, but high in Vitamins C and K, as well as fiber. They have been found to protect against aging, cancer, and heart disease. They can help lower blood pressure and can improve brain function.
Bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world – even more than apples. Studies have shown that bananas can also help boost your mood as well as help preserve memory. Bananas have been shown to help prevent asthma, cancer, and types of heart diseases.
Tropical Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 scoop Warrior blend vanilla protein
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- ½ vanilla bean, fresh or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a high-speed blender mug, combine apple juice, blueberries, and bananas
- Add Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- Add coconut flakes for that tropical taste (or pineapple if you didn’t eat it first like Koya did).
- Add vanilla extract or vanilla bean, and optional hemp seeds.
- Blend it up, boogie along, and enjoy.