This protein ball recipe makes the perfect on-the-go snack. Use it pre or post workout for that extra energy boost.
Teri Gentes, a whole-self nutrition coach, culinary chef, and author, is in the kitchen again, whipping up a batch of her superfood protein balls. These treats are super simple, easy to make in minutes, and they store well in fridge and freezer. Use them as a dessert, snack, or even as a pre or post workout to keep your muscles supplied with plenty of protein and antioxidants for better recovery, muscle growth, and maintenance.
Superfood Protein Power Ball Recipe
- 1/2 cup Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup maca
- 1/3 cup raw cacao
- 3 dates soaked and pureed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons almond milk
- Dash sea salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 drops food-grade peppermint oil
- Toss all the dry ingredients together. You don’t need a blender or food processor for this recipe. Your muscles will do the trick nicely.
- Add your liquid slowly, only a couple tablespoons at a time until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Continue mixing and flavor it with your favorite edible essential oil. Teri will use peppermint.
- Roll them up into balls the size you want. Vary them with raw cacao nibs or other essential oils.
- Roll them in coconut or cacao powder to make them beautiful.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.