This protein ball recipe makes the perfect on-the-go snack. Use it pre or post workout for that extra energy boost.
Teri Gentes, a whole-self nutrition coach, culinary chef, and author, is in the kitchen again, whipping up a batch of her superfood protein balls. These treats are super simple, easy to make in minutes, and they store well in fridge and freezer. Use them as a dessert, snack, or even as a pre or post workout to keep your muscles supplied with plenty of protein and antioxidants for better recovery, muscle growth, and maintenance.
Superfood Protein Power Ball Recipe
- 1/2 cup Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup maca
- 1/3 cup raw cacao
- 3 dates soaked and pureed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons almond milk
- Dash sea salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 drops food-grade peppermint oil
- Toss all the dry ingredients together. You don’t need a blender or food processor for this recipe. Your muscles will do the trick nicely.
- Add your liquid slowly, only a couple tablespoons at a time until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Continue mixing and flavor it with your favorite edible essential oil. Teri will use peppermint.
- Roll them up into balls the size you want. Vary them with raw cacao nibs or other essential oils.
- Roll them in coconut or cacao powder to make them beautiful.