Sometimes you just need a fast, light, refreshing meal. When you do, this spinach berry salad infused with vitamins is here for you.
Most of us love to eat, and properly prepared veggies means we can eat more. These low-calorie, nutrient dense, star foods allow for voluminous eating, and because they take more time to eat, you gotta chew, meal time is longer, and you get more enjoyment out of it.
The simple side recipe below offers suggestions to make this a main meal if desired. As is, it’s a perfect accompaniment to your main course.
There is such satisfaction in salads that make you go wow, and this easy-to-make salad is perfect. You can jazz it up anyway you like with additions such as avocado slices, artichokes, raw or toasted nuts or seeds (I love soaked Brazil nuts, slightly salted), ancient grains such as farro and wheat berry or fresh sweet peas or sprouted lentils, and roasted squash or sweet potatoes.
Let your taste buds, seasonal offerings, and nutrient longings lead the way.
Fresh Berry & Herb Salad with Citrus Drizzle
Prep time: 10 minutes
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 clove garlic, smashed not chopped, its only there to infuse a hint of garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon shallot or onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon old fashioned Dijon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or to taste) (Stevia or raw honey can be used)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed or white balsamic vinegar
- 3–4 tablespoons blood orange infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Vitamin Mineral Rush
- Pink sea salt and pepper to taste
Whisk all the ingredients together, or measure into a glass jar and shake well to emulsify. Taste and adjust seasonings to personal taste preferences.
- 4 cups organic spinach or mixed salad greens
- 3–4 heads of endive, torn or sliced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, red, orange, or yellow, diced
- 1 heaping cup fresh berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, sliced if large
- Small bunch fresh basil, lemon balm, or mint leaves or a combo, gently tear leaves if needed
- Fresh sprouts or micro greens to garnish, if desired
- Toss spinach, endive, pepper and herbs in a large bowl.
- Divide amongst individual plates or in salad bowls.
- Arrange berries over each salad, and drizzle with desired amount of dressing. --Alternatively, gently toss salad with vinaigrette prior to arranging salad on plates.
- Garnish with sprouts or micro greens if using and serve with vinaigrette.
Citrus Vinaigrette makes approx. 1/2 cup Serves four
If you prefer a really creamy dressing and sourcing food from whole foods, substitute the olive oil with 1 large pureed avocado infused with 1 heaping teaspoon orange zest or a drop or two of edible orange essential oil, to taste. You will likely need to add additional orange juice or a little water to create a pourable consistency. No matter where you recipes come from, be sure to adjust if needed to suit your culinary skills and personal taste buds. Food is meant to be fabulous to create, consume, and cultivate great health.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.