It’s still hot enough to enjoy some delicious strawberry horchata ice cream, vegan style. This is one recipe that won’t disappoint.
Here’s a treat that should be a staple in everyone’s freezer. With an El Salvadoran beverage in mind, I attempted to create a bold new dessert dish that traces back to tradition. My Very Strawberry Horchata Ice Cream Pops became a complete success. With a rich and creamy smooth texture, this snack delivers yet another tasty way to enjoy a piece of Latin heritage.
Original horchata recipes are typically based on white rice and sugar, so I took it upon myself to make something that didn’t consist of simple carbs, additives, or refined sugars. This recipe uses wholesome foods, real ingredients, and plant-based proteins that don’t spike blood sugar levels or leave you in an energy crash. It turned out quite good, and from my taste test, better than any non-dairy-milk based dessert out there. But of course, that’s my opinion. You may want to try them yourselves. All I can tell you is that once you take one bite, you won’t be able to stop.
Very Strawberry Horchata Ice Cream Popsrn
Prep time: 35min
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsweetened rice milk
- 3/4 cup tigernuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Ice Cream Pops:
- 2 scoops Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 2 scoops Classic Blend vanilla protein
- 2 tablespoons super fruit berry powder
- 2 and 1/2 cups homemade vegan horchata
- 3/4 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground vanilla beans
- 1 teaspoon blue agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Make the vegan horchata by blending 1 and ½ cups rice milk, tigernuts, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a blender until smooth. Add more rice milk if too thick.
- Combine all ingredients except half a cup of strawberries into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice the ½ cup of strawberries you kept aside and add them to the mixture. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour horchata ice cream mixture into ice cream molds and store in the freezer overnight to set.
- Take out and have your strawberry horchata protein ice cream pop.
If you like my recipe, email me at email@example.com.
Itadakimasu! ~ Enjoy!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.