It’s still hot enough to enjoy some delicious strawberry horchata ice cream, vegan style. This is one recipe that won’t disappoint.
Here’s a treat that should be a staple in everyone’s freezer. With an El Salvadoran beverage in mind, I attempted to create a bold new dessert dish that traces back to tradition. My Very Strawberry Horchata Ice Cream Pops became a complete success. With a rich and creamy smooth texture, this snack delivers yet another tasty way to enjoy a piece of Latin heritage.
Original horchata recipes are typically based on white rice and sugar, so I took it upon myself to make something that didn’t consist of simple carbs, additives, or refined sugars. This recipe uses wholesome foods, real ingredients, and plant-based proteins that don’t spike blood sugar levels or leave you in an energy crash. It turned out quite good, and from my taste test, better than any non-dairy-milk based dessert out there. But of course, that’s my opinion. You may want to try them yourselves. All I can tell you is that once you take one bite, you won’t be able to stop.
Very Strawberry Horchata Ice Cream Popsrn
Prep time: 35min
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsweetened rice milk
- 3/4 cup tigernuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Ice Cream Pops:
- 2 scoops Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 2 scoops Classic Blend vanilla protein
- 2 tablespoons super fruit berry powder
- 2 and 1/2 cups homemade vegan horchata
- 3/4 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground vanilla beans
- 1 teaspoon blue agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Make the vegan horchata by blending 1 and ½ cups rice milk, tigernuts, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a blender until smooth. Add more rice milk if too thick.
- Combine all ingredients except half a cup of strawberries into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice the ½ cup of strawberries you kept aside and add them to the mixture. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour horchata ice cream mixture into ice cream molds and store in the freezer overnight to set.
- Take out and have your strawberry horchata protein ice cream pop.
If you like my recipe, email me at email@example.com.
Itadakimasu! ~ Enjoy!