It’s pretty normal to crave a favorite treat from your childhood, regardless of how unhealthy it was. Satisfy your cravings and health goals with this recipe.
Being a fan of rice crispy treat squares back in the day, I recently had an appetite for some good, old fashioned rice crispy crunch. Those super gooey rice crispy treats were loaded with melted gobs of refined corn syrup and sugar (i.e. those fiendishly addictive white marshmallow puffs) made by Kraft in cahoots with Kellogg’s, and it’s been many years since I last looked at one.
Fortunately, they're easy to make, even when you're making a healthier version. And so I’ve made mine super healthy and high in protein. Loading it with antioxidant rich berries, fruit, and veggies with a side of coconut essence, this treat is like having a coconut macaroon, a rice crispy square, and a fruit & veggie cookie all in one. We once again kick the dreadful after effects of sugar to the curb, making this a must-have treat whenever those hunger pangs for something very sweet and covered with toasted rice comes creeping into your diet. With these guys, you don’t have to worry about high cortisol levels or glucose spikes when you tuck them in your refrigerator or gym bag.
As always, ingredients should be organic where possible.
Rice Crispy Macaroon Berry Cookie Squares
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 2 scoops Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 2 scoops Warrior Blend natural protein
- 1 scoops Classic Plus vanilla protein
- 1 teaspoon superfood berry powder
- 1 and 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice cereal
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Splash piña colada flavor
2. Scoop out rice crispy cookie batter into a 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper and spread to edges.
3. Press down firmly throughout pan and store in freezer to set overnight.
4. Take out and cut into squares.
5. Itadakimasu! ~ Enjoy!
If you like my recipe, email Kaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.