You don’t have to be a fancy French chocolatier to make your own chocolate! Make your own indulgence! It’s easy, tasty, and filled with health benefits!
Chocolates are not all made equal. Most candy bars you find in the grocery stores have a small percentage of real chocolate in it, and the rest is filled with artificial sweeteners, flavors or preservatives. Cacao is the un-refined, unprocessed O.G form of chocolate. This cacao contains magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, potassium and manganese. Cacao beans contain natural chemicals called flavonoids which are a certain type of antioxidant that help promote general health. If cacao couldn’t get any better, they have a component called theobrominewhich help stimulate the nervous system and gives your body a boost of energy and helps to combat depression and improves your mood. Need any more reasons to make some raw chocolate?
Make Your Own Chocolate
- 1 high-speed blender
- 1 pot
- 1 glass jar
- 1 silicon chocolate mold or candy mold
- 1 fridge
- 1/3 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of cacao butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 piece of vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Place water in a pot and bring to a boil, then put on medium heat
2. Add the cacao butter into a glass jar (Mason jar’s work well) and put it in the pot
3. Wait for the cacao butter to melt, and then take the jar out of the water
4. Add the cacao butter, cacao power, and coconut sugar to your high speed blender
5. Blend until smooth, you have the option to add in some sea salt, or vanilla bean, anything else you love in your chocolate, taste it, and make sure it’s delicious.
6. Pour the mixture into the chocolate molds, be careful not to spill!
7. Place the mold into the fridge and wait for 30 minutes until it becomes hard.
8. Take it out of the fridge and serve! You can also keep it in the fridge for up to one month and freezer up to 3 months.