by Grace Van Berkum, R.H.N.
Mmmmmm, a raw, vegan, creamy, high protein, delicious, plant powered smoothie that satisfies your cheesecake craving. Of course there is no added milk or dairy products, no refined sugars, and the high quality Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein powder boasts easy-to-digest protein that helps your digestion work efficiently to keep your energy levels high.
Lemons are acidic fruits that actually turn alkaline in the body, aiding in detoxification. Incorporating some grated lemon zest can help boost immunity, fight free radical damage, and lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Just make sure to use organic lemons and peels that are free of chemicals. Using frozen bananas (just store a bunch of peeled bananas in a Ziploc bag or container in your freezer) makes for a creamy, thick texture once blended and adds extra frothy sweetness.
Gracious Living Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut manna butter (not to be confused with coconut oil)
- 1 whole, peeled lemon
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest from an organic lemon peel
- 2 to 3 cups water
- Handful ice
- Topping: shredded, unsweetened coconut
Try any of these variations for extra nutrients:
- ADD: 1 teaspoon chia gel for brain health
- ADD: 1 teaspoon raw, organic, maca power (helps to balance hormones & reduce stress).
- ADD: local bee pollen for an immunity boost and extra protein
- USE: unsweetened, sulfite-free, carrageenan-free coconut milk instead of water for extra creaminess.
- USE: a whole, peeled lime instead of lemon.
Blend till divinely creamy. Enjoy this guilt-free, raw, vegan, high protein, liquid lemon cheesecake. Top with shredded, unsweetened coconut.
Great for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dessert.Great before a workout for energy or great for after a workout for muscle repair. Every single ingredient in this smoothie has a positive, nourishing effect on the body.The way food should be!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.