Marni Wasserman, culinary nutritionist, health strategist, Sunwarrior ambassador, brings her charm and cooking skills to Sunwarrior HQ with this chocolate chia breakfast vegan pudding recipe.
She hits the kitchen with a fast, easy, and delicious way to make yourself a vegan breakfast pudding. Who doesn’t love chocolate in the morning? But, for the few out there who don’t love chocolate, you can make a vanilla or fruity variation too. The secret is chia! That’s what transforms your ingredients into a recipe for pudding. These tiny seeds may resemble a poppy seed, but they have soluble fiber that can absorb a ton of water, making anything they’re in take on a gelatin texture without having to use any gelatin. Chia is also a nutritional powerhouse, full of protein and healthy fats for extra energy.
You can mix and match your ingredients here. Try a vanilla chai pudding by skipping the chocolate, using a little vanilla protein powder, and adding a little dash of ginger. Make it a berry blitz pudding with blended berries. Make it a tropical pudding with pineapple and mango juices topped with banana. The sky is the limit here.
Chocolate Chia Breakfast Vegan Pudding Recipe
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon coconut
- Place chia seeds in a small serving bowl or Mason jar.
- Add almond milk, and let it sit while the seeds absorb the liquid.
- Mix in cacao powder. Work the powder in quite a bit so you get smooth consistency.
- Add coconut nectar and cinnamon. (Boost it with Sunwarrior’s protein for more nutrition and flavor.) Mix until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Top your pudding off with fresh fruit, goji berries, and coconut. (You can garnish this with a million different things depending on the ingredients you start with and the season.)
- Drizzle the last of your nectar on top as a garnish.
Make each pudding unique, and you will never be bored at breakfast again. Break out a chunky straw or a spoon, and enjoy your pudding as you start your day off right!