Cold weather equals carrot cake and spiced latte season, and we just can’t get enough of both! When you make carrot cake with natural ingredients and plant-based Sunwarrior protein, you’ve got a dessert where you don’t have to worry about getting seconds.
Sometimes it feels like all that cake is a bit much, but the good news is, with this recipe you are still enjoying the flavor of your carrot cake and feel absolutely no guilt about it! These carrot balls are made of natural superfoods, which help keep you energized throughout the day. They are also high in protein, refined sugar-free, and can easily be made gluten-free. They are extremely easy to make and are ready in no time. You can make them in bulk, store them in the freezer, and nibble on them whenever you need them or just eat them all in one day because they taste so good!
Carrot Cake Protein Bites
Ingredients (makes 18-20)
- 8 Medjool dates (or other soft variety)
- 1 ¾ cups walnuts
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats (use gluten-free oats if making GF version)
- 2 medium carrots, washed and peeled
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- A pinch of Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- Desiccated coconut for coating
- Finely grate the carrots and place them in a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the coconut and blend until dough forms. It should stick together and form easily but it shouldn’t be too wet or too soft. If it is too wet, add more oats. If it is too dry, add more dates.
- Place a handful of desiccated coconut on a plate. Using a tablespoon scoop out small portions of the dough and roll them in your hands into balls, then roll them in the coconut until completely covered and set aside. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.