These watermelon ice cream cake bars are a refreshing, non-dairy, high protein snack to cool off after working out. I made this dish with the intent of creating a hi-protein naturally sweet snack to have anytime of the day. It is also raw, organic and gluten-free. My goal is to create healthy, post-workout cool-off snacks that are raw, low in sugar, and have no junk ingredients!
This is also good for anyone who loves fruity watermelon and craves ice-cream at the same time. I have combined it with a plant-based protein cake layer shell and, as an added bonus, there is also a surprise treat center in every bar, which imparts a little crunch to the palette.
Watermelon Superfood Protein Ice Cream Cake Bars
Watermelon Ice Cream Layer
- 4 cups organic seedless watermelon
- 1 cup frozen organic banana
- 3 scoops plant-based protein powder, wild berry flavor
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla hemp milk
- 1 tablespoon organic super red powder
- 1/2 tablespoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon grounded
Watermelon Seeds Pieces
- 2–3 pieces crushed gluten-free protein cookies, dark chocolate
White Peel Layer
- 1/2 cup vanilla coconut Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons organic shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
Outer Green Shell Layer
- 3 tablespoons Warrior Blend vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat bran
- 1/4 cup fresh brewed green tea
- 3 teaspoons natural Ormus Greens
Combine watermelon with banana, hemp milk, super red powder, vanilla bean, cinnamon and protein powder in a blender and mix until smooth.
Mix pieces of chocolate protein cookies (aka the watermelon “seeds”) with watermelon soft serve ice-cream and pour into ice-cream bar molds. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
Mix vanilla coconut Greek yogurt, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and shredded coconut in separate bowl. Pull out the ice cream molds and pour white layer about 1/2 inch on top of watermelon ice cream then store in freezer for another 30 minutes.
Mix protein powder, coconut milk, oat bran, green tea, and superfood greens powder in another bowl and then pour into molds to the top.
Return molds back to the freezer and freeze overnight. Enjoy the next day!