My dad makes this incredible stuffing for the holidays. He always says, “Even the ‘no-stuffing eaters’ will fall in love with it.” And they do! I just found out today that I’m not going to be able to spend this Thanksgiving with my parents, so I thought I’d honor my dad with this post.
Homemade Vegan Stuffing Recipe with Wild Rice, Cranberries, and Pine Nuts
Makes 10-ish servings; double for your biggest holiday crowds.
- 5 cups cubed and dried vegan bread (use gluten free vegan bread for a GF option)
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth, plus more, as needed
- 1 white onions chopped fine
- 3 celery stalks cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup cooked wild rice (instructions below)
- ½ cup shelled pine nuts
- 2 shots vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon vegan butter (divided)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
Boil wild rice with water according to package directions until tender, about 40 minutes. Sauté onions, mushrooms, celery, and seasonings in the vegan butter. Sauté pine nuts separately in the vegan butter until golden brown. Mix all ingredients in a large pot, adding vegetable broth as you stir it in. Test for consistency and add more vegetable stock if too dry. Fluff with a large fork. Bake on low heat (about 200 degrees) for half an hour or until golden.