Chilly nights are the perfect excuse to curl up on the couch with a delicious, hearty bowl of coconut sweet potato soup!
I am a huge fan of sweet potatoes. They’re high in anti-inflammatory benefits, rich in magnesium, and are known to help boost the immune system. Sweet potatoes have been said to be cancer preventative, and can even help aid cold and flu symptoms, which is needed more than ever in the winter months. They even have some beauty benefits and are said to be good for healthy hair and a glowing complexion—who doesn’t love that?!
Aside from all of the powerful benefits of eating this orange superfood, they taste delicious when pureed into a soup. I love adding coconut milk into this recipe because it creates a thicker soup, while adding a slight, yet perfect amount of delicious sweetness.
These are the months to experiment with soups, and they’re a tasty way to get the entire family in on some vegetable fun without realizing they’re eating pure nutrients. So cozy up with this delicious Coconut Sweet Potato Soup on your next chilly night!
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 2/3 cup Sunwarrior Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 1/3 cups sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sunwarrior Turmeric
- Dash pepper
- ½ teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes
- Stir in the onion and garlic and gently mix until slightly browned
- Add in the sweet potatoes and mix for 1 minute
- Add in all other ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer until the sweet potatoes feel soft
- Turn off flame and allow mixture to cool for 15 minutes
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth (the onions and garlic should be thoroughly blended to create a nice even mixture)
- Pour back into the pot, reheat and serve!