Sweeten up your life naturally with these blueberry and orange bundt cake! Your taste-buds will say thank you!
Looking for that lightly sweet, yet simple cake to throw into the oven for an afternoon brunch? This recipe meets all expectations. Subtly sweet with a citrus undertone, this bundt cake can be made into individuals bundts, or one medium sized bundt. If you want a touch of extra goodness, feel free to top with an orange glaze.
Blueberry Orange Bundt Cake
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Zest of one medium orange
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries, dusted in flour
Cake Glaze (Optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon orange juice, powdered sugar, and zest of a small orange. If too thick, use a little more liquid, or add a little more powdered sugar if you would like it thicker. Drizzle over Bundt.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Stir in all wet ingredients. When well combined, gently still in blueberries and orange zest.
- Pour into mini Bundt pans, or large Bundt cake pan.
- Bake approximately 35-40 minutes for large cake, or approximately 20 minutes for mini Bundt cakes. Check if cakes are done by inserting toothpick into center of cake. If it comes out clean, they are done. Let cool about 10 minutes before removing from baking dish.
- Glaze prior to serving if desired.