It’s past lunch-time, and you forgot to eat. What is quick, easy, healthy & vegan? Vegan hummus tortilla!
Tortillas were meant to be a sleeping bag for food when you want to eat without a fork. This tortilla is the perfect “omg it’s past lunch-time, and I’m working from home, and I legit forgot to eat, so I need to make something immediately!” lunch. It utilizes fridge staples and packs a very plant-based punch which, in turn, will cause you to punch the air with your fist in lunch glee!
- 1 large tortilla—your favorite kind
- 1 cup shredded greens (whatever you have handy: kale, parsley, or spinach)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- About ¼ to ½ cup hummus, to taste
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegan cheese of your liking
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Lay your tortilla out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Place your shredded kale in a small bowl. Toss it with a splash (about 1 teaspoon) of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Set it aside.
- Spread your hummus over your tortilla, top it with avocado slices, and spread the greens on top. Sprinkle vegan cheese or nutritional yeast all over! Add salt and pepper.
- Bake until cheese gets melty and the greens gets slightly wilted (about 5–10 minutes). Serve right away and drizzle balsamic vinegar on top if you choose!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.