Wild Rice and Asparagus Salad
Article Published on May 30, 2018
Add a little spunk to your wild rice kale salad with fresh asparagus and the sass of a light and flavorful apple cider dressing. You will love this medley of vegetables.
Wild rice is one of my favorite types of grains. I love the nutty flavor and the incredible health benefits such as high-fiber content. It’s rich in nutrients which offers sustained energy for our bodies. Of course, the main star of the salad is kale, which is still one of my favorite greens. Sometimes I find when I am eating out at a restaurant, the kale is very chewy and it’s hard to swallow. When I de-stem my kale and chop it into fine pieces, I then squeeze the juice of an entire lemon over it and massage the lemon into the kale leaves. This allows the kale to soften while giving an extra boost of nutrients to the salad.
I love making asparagus salads when they come into season. These little spears are actually packed with minerals, vitamins, protein, and fiber. If you have leftover salad dressing, pour it into a sealed container and it will last up to a week or more in the fridge. I love doubling up recipes because I know I’ll use it later!
Wild Rice and Asparagus Salad
- 1 bundle kale, de-stemmed and chopped finely
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup radishes, sliced thinly
- ½ cup wild rice, cooked
- ¼ cup matchstick carrots
- ¼ cup raw almond pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 bundle asparagus
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add ½ rice and 2 ½ cups of water. Add a touch of salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover with lid and let cook until tender (around 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add fresh asparagus to a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil and salt. Cook for 15 minutes
- Once asparagus is done cooking, remove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add chopped kale and lemon juice. Let this sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add chopped kale, radishes, wild rice, carrots, almond and dried cranberries
- In a small bowl add all dressing ingredients. Whisk very well until.
- Add dressing ¼ cup of dressing. Mix well and top with asparagus
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.