Join the always entertaining and enlightening Jason Wrobel, aka J-Wro, vegan celebrity chef, TV host, and all things delicious connoisseur, as he breaks out the tangy sweet and sour Asian inspired flavors you love with Orange Glazed Tempeh over Volcanic Rice. Yes, volcanic! This fluffy, nutty rice was grown at the base of a volcano.
The orange marinade uses fresh squeezed, organic orange juice, grated ginger, minced garlic, coconut aminos, rice wine, maple syrup, coriander, and pepper to create the gooey sweet orange goodness you're looking for. This goes over lightly grilled tempeh for one of the best toppings your rice could hope for. Garnish it with cilantro, lime, and black sesame seeds for extra flavor, color, and texture. This recipe is rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, protein, and complex carbohydrates while also being almost supernaturally delicious. What did you expect? J-Wro only makes the best stuff!
Orange Glazed Tempeh
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (3–4 large juicy oranges)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 ½ tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Shake black pepper
- Roughly 10 ounces of tempeh, diced
- 1 cup cooked volcano rice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Garnish fresh cilantro
- Black sesame seeds
- Add Orange Glaze ingredients to large mixing bowl. Stir a little.
- Dice up tempeh and sauté them for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add in orange sauce and simmer about 10–12 minutes, cooking down until thick.
- Add tempeh over volcano rice.
- Top with lime juice, cilantro, and black sesame seeds and serve.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.