When you’ve got a family to feed, we’ve got a quick and easy call to dinnertime with this vegan veggie lasagna!
A quick and easy meal made to perfection, this vegan veggie lasagna will be a treat to your taste buds. Loaded with vegetables and satisfying for the bellies of the whole family, this is the meal your children will rave over. Serve with a side salad. Fresh, healthy, and delicious.
Serves approximately six people
- 5 medium-large zucchinis; thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 ½ lbs. sliced button mushrooms
- 1 package vegan lasagna sheet pasta (opt. Alternative: thinly sliced eggplant--lengthwise)
- 2 packages extra firm tofu, drained and padded dry
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh Italian seasoning
- 3 cups vegan marinara sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black ground cracked pepper
- 1 cup vegan cheese
*optional cashew ricotta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Next, arrange the prepared and sliced zucchini, mushrooms, tofu (and eggplant) in a baking sheet pan and sprinkle salt, pepper, and spices of your choosing
- Prepare to roast the vegetables for approximately 25 minutes until the veggies are slightly golden brown and tender
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and reduce the heat to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- To make the tofu filling, crumble apart the tofu very finely in a large mixing bowl
- Simply add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, oregano, and Italian spices, ½ tsp of salt and ½ tsp cracked pepper to the bowl and thoroughly mix
- Oil pan lightly
- Next, begin to spread ½ cup of the vegan marinara sauce over the bottom of the dish
- Arrange the lasagna (and/or eggplant) slices over the marinara sauce and then top the noodles or slices of eggplant with only half of your roasted veggies (and any other desired choice of vegetable).
- Top the tofu mixture over the roasted veggies and spread
- Repeat the steps to layer your dish: arrange the noodles and/or eggplant slices, then add 1 C vegan marinara sauce over the tofu filling (and/or cashew ricotta) and desired cheese and cover the sauce with the leftover veggies and tofu.
- The last layer should be the remaining lasagna noodles or eggplant slices with the vegan marinara sauce on top
- Add any additional spices you wish
- Bake the lasagna for approximately 35 minutes or until noodles are done (timing for the eggplant will be much short, probably less than half the time if it’s without pasta)
- Once it’s finished, bring your oven to a soft broil and add the rest of your vegan cheese and put in the oven for 2–3 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle the basil over the top of the lasagna
STARTING YOUR PATH TO HEALTHY LIVING
At the end of the day, there is a lot that goes into a holistic lifestyle. When you start your journey to healthier living, there seems to be so much information to weed through. It can be confusing and difficult to determine what you should focus on first.
That’s why we’ve developed a short 15 Point Guide to Essential Health. Take charge of your health, and, with a little help, you’ll be living a more fulfilled life in no time.