When snack time hits, you will definitely want this vegan grain-free granola with cacao and coconut on hand!
When was the last time you made a homemade batch of grain-free granola? If it wasn’t recently, then you are going to want to try this one out!
Why grain-free you ask?
Well, why not! The best part of granola is the nuts and seeds anyways, so why not just skip the oats altogether. These days more and more people are not only attempting to eat gluten-free but also grain-free.
The goal is typically to maximize digestion, lower inflammation, and give the gut a break. Once grains are removed not only from your granola but from your diet, you likely won’t even miss them anymore. Or just keep them in for once-in-a-while recipes and meals. However, I would recommend you at least stick to gluten-free varieties like quinoa, brown rice, oats, and millet.
If you are willing to make the leap and go grain-free, this has to be your first recipe! You won’t be disappointed. You can store it in a mason jar, and it will likely last you a week (if that). Once you have it on hand, you can eat it straight out of the jar, add it to almond or coconut yogurt, top your chia bowl with it, or sprinkle it on a smoothie.
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup hemp seeds or sesame seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated monk fruit or maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
Once cooled, add in dried goji berries, cranberries, or goldenberries
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil and sweetener together and add into the nut mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and move the mixture around for even baking, then place back in the oven for an additional 5–10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Be sure not to overcook and burn the nuts!
- Remove from oven and allow the granola to cool on the counter and then transfer into a large bowl or jar to store.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.