Vegan Frosted Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcake
Article Published on Oct 25, 2017
Yes, they’re cupcakes. Yes, they’re vegan, gluten free, grain free, high in protein, and totally amazing. Get your holiday on because pumpkin is in the house!
This is the most versatile recipe there is! I love these cupcakes (brownie bites, muffins, or whatever you prefer to call them…) year-round. This is a great base recipe I have toyed with for a while to make my own portable protein snack bites. They are guilt-free, delicious, and nutritious! When I feel like a need a protein boost or something to satisfy my sweet tooth, they are my go-to snack or dessert. For the fall, I added the pumpkin frosting, and they taste and look festive for the season!
Vegan Frosted Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 Scoop Sunwarrior Classic Plus Chocolate protein
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup nut butter (Almond or cashew work best)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened nut butter (I used Nuttzo)
- ¼ cup coconut butter or manna
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a blender or food processor, combine ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Evenly distribute the batter to muffin tins. Bake for roughly 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Combine all ingredients for frosting in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting. Enjoy this guilt-free treat, and store extra for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator!
Feel free to add a banana to sweeten, or substitute banana or avocado for the pumpkin. Adding chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or cacao nibs are also some great ideas!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.