Craving carrot cake and ice cream but don’t want the sugar and guilt that go with it? Enjoy this delicious and nutritious ice cream recipe!
Here is an attractive treat of carrot cake and coconut vanilla whipped cream all rolled into one delicious ice cream. You’ve never tasted anything like these high-protein, superfood carrot cake ice-cream bars. It’s like having an extremely rich gourmet carrot cake without the heavy fat and astronomical amounts of refined sugar and other bad things known to mankind. So you can have your cake and eat it too, without feeling guilty. These are perfect as a pre or post workout snack and can also change things up from the usual post-workout protein shake which can get boring.
Ingredients should be organic where possible.
Vanilla Coconut Cream & Carrot Cake Ice Cream Bars
Prep time: 45 min + 10 hrs chill time
Vanilla Coconut Cream Frosting:
- 3/4 cup cultured coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut whipped cream
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
Carrot Cake Ice Cream:
- 3 scoops Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 3 scoops Warrior Blend natural protein
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 3 pieces soaked medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon carrot powder
- 1/4 tablespoon ground vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger spice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup walnuts
Carrot Cake Crust Topping:
- 1/3 cup granola
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
Vanilla Coconut Cream Frosting:
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until nice and smooth. Set bowl aside.
Carrot Cake Ice-Cream:
- Put all ingredients, except half of the walnuts in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all but a couple pieces of walnuts and pulse a couple times to have some chunky nuts in there. The extra pieces will top the treat at the end. Of course, if you would prefer a smoother consistency, incorporate all of the walnut ingredients in the initial blend.
Carrot Cake Crust Toppings:
- In another bowl, combine granola, oat flakes, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds and mix to incorporate.
- Take out ice cream bar molds and divvy up carrot cake ice cream and vanilla coconut cream in layers.
- Complete layers as you would a multi-layer cake or parfait, and then top with carrot cake crust topping for effect.
- Place ice cream molds into the freezer to freeze over night.
- Take out the next day and enjoy as a snack or high protein dessert.
Itadakimasu! ~ Enjoy!
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.