by: Lauren Rae, CPT at TRYM Fitness and Sunwarrior contributing writer
The newsman says its cold and flu season. Over and over you hear the CDC recommend that you protect yourself and others by getting the influenza shot or the nasal flu mist. What the newsman fails to mention is that the flu shot only works for a few strains of the flu virus and is only successful in preventing that virus in about 1.5% of people. Meanwhile the other 98.5% of people are exposing themselves to some pretty nasty stuff. There is no single strain of the flu as it is constantly mutating and making new strains. Even though the risks vastly outweigh the benefits, people flock to their doctors and pharmacies to “protect” themselves from the bug by injecting or inhaling extremely harmful substances and chemicals. Protect yourself and your family against potential long term bodily harm by understanding the ugly truth about what harmful chemicals are in your flu vaccine.
The Ugly Truth:
- Aluminum - A harmful brain toxin that has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Formaldehyde - Widely used as an embalming fluid, this carcinogen can cause irreparable damage to the body.
- Mercury/Thimerosal - A harmful nerve toxin that has been linked to Autism.
- Squalene - An autoimmune toxin said to have contributed to the “Gulf War Syndrome.”
- Diseased cells - Harvested inhumanely, African monkeys are stripped of their kidney cells and then these cells are used to maintain the virus within the vaccine.
Furthermore, there really is no ‘flu season’ to add to the calendar. This phenomenon is simply an opportune time of year where the many strains of the flu virus take advantage of a decreased immune system. Fueled by excess stress hormones and a high sugar and alcohol intake, many people find themselves victim as their bodies desperately work to process and detoxify these immune suppressors. Help your body protect itself by strengthening your immune system with the following steps.
Build a better immune system:
- Avoid refined sugar and alcohol - Dr. Wendy Wells of Wellsource Naturopathic in Scottsdale, Arizona recommends keeping your sugar intake to a minimum as even 1 teaspoon has been shown to lower your immune system for up to 6 hours. Additionally, while your body is metabolizing alcohol, it robs the body of its ability to process other toxins and germs.
- Maintain a healthy, alkaline diet - By increasing the types of healthy, alkaline rich foods we consume, it is possible to decrease acidity and the opportunity for disease and decay. Eating cruciferous vegetables and staying away from dairy and animal proteins is your best bet. Also, avoid overeating which adds additional stress on your digestive system.
- Exercise and sweat - Continuing your exercise program is very important to aid the body’s natural ability to detoxify. While expending additional calories will help keep your waistline and stress level in check.
- Wash your hands - Washing hands frequently can rid your body of the viruses that we come into contact with from the environment. With clean hands it is easier to keep the virus out of our mouth, nose, and eyes, and therefore, out of our bodies.
- Manage your stress level - Get plenty of rest and avoid interactions with people and situations that have the potential to increase your stress level. Practicing meditation and yoga is a great way to release stored energy and refocus your mind.
- Supplement with Immune Shield - Taking Immune Shield at the onset of symptoms or as prevention is as good as it gets. This is Sunwarrior’s natural fulvic acid mineral complex fortified with silver ions. Immune Shield has the ability to dissolve and penetrate all fluids, tissues, and cells to deliver trace minerals, various nutrients, and electrolytes freely to the body. This provides total body immune system support and protection while the silver ions offer protection within the cells to combat the threat of viruses and bacteria. Just add it to your morning Sunwarrior protein shake or drink with filtered water.
If you work in healthcare or in another position where you cannot avoid the flu shot, cleansing your system with a full body detox is always a great idea. Either way, enjoy your holidays flu-free by building a strong immune system and healthy body.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.