Tomato Gem Wrap
Article Published on Jun 01, 2016
It’s time to get wrapping! This tomato wrapped vegan roll will definitely keep your taste buds happy and wanting more.
Once you get your creative juices flowing, you can come up with so many combinations you will never get bored! It’s quick, easy and great to make, take and go. This ingredient list can be easily altered by personal preferences. To make this recipe completely vegan try making vegan hummus (my preference). I also enjoy using purple kale for an extra color pop!
Tomato Gem Wrap
- 1 tomato Gem Wrap
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- ? cups mixed baby lettuce
- 4 tomato strips or small dice
- Thinly sliced pickle spears sliced to approximately 4”
- 4–6 cucumber spears sliced to approximately 4”
- 4 red bell pepper strips sliced to approximately 4”
- 4–6 sliced carrots sliced approximately 4”
- 1–2 finely sliced mushrooms
- 8–10 cranberries
- 1–2 avocado slices
- 3–4 tablespoons cooked quinoa
- Small bowl of water
- Small pastry brush
1. Peel sheet from gem wrap and place shiny side down on a flat working surface.
2. Spread a layer of hummus over wrap leaving approximately a 1 inch border at the top and bottom.
3. Assemble your ingredients in layers on the inside.
4. Tightly roll your wrap like you would a sushi roll and along the 1 inch border at the bottom, lightly use your pastry brush and apply water and seal the wrap closed. Let lay flat for a minute to make sure seal has taken.
5. Leave whole, cut in half, or have fun and cut into several sushi pieces!
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.