Try Thai takeout--the vegan way! Comforting, cozy, fragrant, and full of flavor for any quick meal of the week. Easy to alter and add your favorite toppings to this savory Thai recipe. Make it soupy or stick to your basic senses and keep it simply (nood)les.
1-2 packs of tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
½ package of rice or ramen noodles
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1-2 red bell peppers, diced
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon freshly zested ginger
3-4 green onions sliced thinly
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 teaspoons coconut sugar (optional)
1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos (gf)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, to your liking
3 tablespoons of red curry paste
6 cups low sodium vegan broth
1 can full fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime (more to taste)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, head olive oil. Whilte it’s heating, marinade tofu in a little bit of soy sauce and then begin to season the tofu with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add tofu to the pot and allow it to cook until slightly golden on all sides and set to the side (you will add this in later)
- Add minced garlic, onion and bell pepper to the pot allowing it to cook while stirring occasionally until vegetables become tender after roughly 3 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth as well as can of coconut milk to the pot (scrape any browned parts from the pot)--(for less of a “soupy” meal, add in less cups of vegetable broth
- Add in and stir tofu.
- Bring pot to a boil; turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, stirring often until completely reduced for approximately ten minutes.
- Begin to stir in noodles of your choosing (ramen noodles will have to stay longer, while rice noodles soften quickly)
- Add the remaining soy sauce or coconut aminos and coconut sugar and stir until noodles become nice and tender for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat and stir in green onions, fresh cilantro, basil to garnish and freshly squeezed lime juice; season with salt and ground black pepper (and any other seasoning of your choosing) to taste
- Quickly serve-- bon appetit! Thai is ready to-go!
--You may top with freshly cut jalapenos or corn to add a little oomph to your meal!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.