Need a quick and easy side to serve at your Super Bowl Party? Or need to whip up the perfect appetizer to woo that special someone on Valentine’s Day? Serve with your favorite crackers or pita bread, and enjoy.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 pound sweet potato
- 1 bpa-free can garbanzo beans (15.5 oz), rinsed until no foam appears and then drained well
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling on top of hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry
- 1/4 teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water for thinning
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into small cubes. Boil cubed potatoes for about 25 minutes until soft.
While sweet potatoes cook, drain garbanzo beans into a colander placed in the sink and rinse with cold water until no more foam appears. Let garbanzos drain.
Put cooked sweet potatoes and all ingredients into food processor bowl, with processor fitted with steel blade. Process until the mixture is fairly smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of bowl a few times. If the mixture seems too thick, thin it with a few tablespoons of water until it is the consistency you want. Taste for seasoning and add more salt or pepper if desired.