Add some crunch, protein, healthy fats and even more nutrients to your next salad, soup or baked potato or squash. This combo of seeds is salty and spicy and elevates a salad to gourmet status. Keep a jar in the freezer to maintain freshness and to have it ready whenever you are!
Sunflower, Sesame and Pumpkin Seed Salad Topper
Article Published on Aug 09, 2018
Take your salad to a whole new level of gourmet with this salty, spicy sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seed salad topper!
Sunflower, Sesame, and Pumpkin Seed Salad Topper
- 1 cup raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw organic pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds, black or white
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce or 2–3 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1–2 teaspoons chili oil or cayenne pepper to taste
1. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper, or use a stoneware baking sheet.
2. Combine the seeds and seasonings in a large bowl, stirring well. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Spread out evenly onto baking sheet.
3. Bake approximately 15–25 minutes stirring after 10 minutes. Let cool and store in glass jars. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Sliced almonds, pecans, pine nuts or walnuts etc. are a great alternative to the seeds and additional spices or dried herbs can be used as well.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.