Want to impress your beloved? Hand dip some strawberries in chocolate because everyone knows that romance is strawberries, chocolate & wine!
Both wine and chocolate have been with us for thousands of years. On Valentine’s Day, lovers have been known to use them to celebrate the occasion. Moreover, the chocolate and wine pairing trend has made its way into the hearts and minds of many chocolate and wine lovers and is very romantic to enjoy together.
Research has shown that, in moderation, red wine may have some great health benefits for the heart. However, if you’re staying away from alcohol, it isn’t a problem, you can get the same benefits from grapes, raspberries, blueberries, and mulberries as you do from red wine. In fact, many grape juices have the same benefits as wine; check the ingredients list to make certain. In addition, several kinds of chocolate and cocoa powders are now being identified as superfoods and provide great cardiovascular benefits.
A key ingredient in dark chocolate, red wine, and grape juice that helps with heart health is resveratrol. Resveratrol is a naturally occurring antioxidant found in grapes and cacao that can help to reduce saturated fats in the arteries.
Resveratrol is also known as the anti-aging, fountain of youth antioxidant. It helps reduce the signs of aging, reduces oxidative stress, and protects your cells from free radicals. It can also help lower your blood pressure, keep your heart healthy, and decrease inflammation.
What a perfect combination for both wine and chocolate lovers not only in taste but in health.
Here is a romantic idea that you can surprise your sweetheart with this year. Plan a chocolate dipped strawberry and wine tasting date. This is a stay at home do it yourself kind of date. Start your romantic evening with making the chocolate dipped strawberries together. As for the choice of wine, who cares! Just pick your favorite red wine or juice option if you are living alcohol free. If you want to be more adventurous you can do some research on chocolate and wine paring and see what you can come up with.
The power of looking younger doesn’t stop there. Vitamin C, found in strawberries, helps produce collagen and improve the skin’s elasticity. This results in healthier, younger looking skin. Strawberries, like their friendly counterparts, cacao and grapes, contain powerful antioxidants that play a role in improving the health of your heart.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 (16 ounce) bag 70% organic bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Rinse the strawberries and pat dry with paper towel. Make sure that the strawberries are completely clean and dry. If they are wet, the chocolate will have a hard time sticking to the strawberries.
- Using a double boiler with an inch or so of water. Bring the water to a nice, gentle simmer.
- Use a heatproof or stainless steel bowl and place it over the simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water to avoid chocolate from burning.
- Place your chocolate chips in the bowl and add the coconut oil. The coconut oil will add a little shine to the chocolate and prevent the chocolate from cracking once it hardens.
- Stir the chips in the oil to coat them and help them melt.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat source once it is fully melted.
- Dip your strawberries about a third of the way in. Place them on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Once all the strawberries are coated with chocolate, let them cool for about 5 minutes at room temperature and then place them in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes until they harden.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.