Spinach Almond Balls
Article Published on Mar 22, 2016
Getting your greens never tasted better! You’ve got to try these Spinach Almond Balls!
- Dark leafy greens are an amazing superfood, giving our bodies an array of much needed vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- Leafy greens are naturally high in vitamin K, which helps to prevent cardiovascular disease, arterial and kidney calcification and bone fragility.
- Some greens, such as mustard greens and kale, help to lower bad cholesterol.
- Greens help to keep your vision healthy
- Leafy greens are high in calcium which promotes bone health
- Being so low in calories makes these superfoods an excellent weight management option
- Being high in magnesium and low on the glycemic index, greens are a great choice for type 2 diabetics
Adding spinach to your diet is an excellent way to increase your vitamin and dietary fibre intake.
Spinach Almond Balls
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed, dried, and stems removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups wheat free bread crumbs
- 1 ½ cup ground almonds, divided into two 3/4 cup portions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place the spinach and onions in a food processor and blend on high until a coarse paste begins to form. Add the breadcrumbs, ¾ cups ground almonds, oil, tamari, rice flour, dill and blend again until all of the ingredients are combined.
2. Fill a small bowl with water for wetting your hands while rolling the balls. Place the remaining ¾ cup ground almonds on a large plate.
3. Begin rolling the spinach mixture into small balls, and then roll each ball in the ground almonds, coating the outside of each ball.
4. Place the finished balls on lightly oiled cookie sheet.
5. When sheet is full, place in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.