It isn’t too early to start planning holiday menus and gathering those great recipes. You’ll definitely want to include this roasted eggplant dip recipe!
Planning a dinner party and looking for an appetizer idea? Or maybe you’re just wondering how to make a homemade creamy dip without dairy? This roasted eggplant dip is simple yet delicious and is a great way to use up an eggplant that may be on its way out!
Roasted Eggplant Dip with Wilted Spinach
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup steamed spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Slice off the tip of a head of garlic and place in a piece of foil. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt over it. Wrap up in the foil and bake for one hour.
- Cut the eggplant into rounds and roast it in an oven until the flesh feels very soft (approximately 20 to 30 minutes).
- Steam spinach lightly until just wilted.
- Remove tray from oven to allow eggplant to cool. Peel the skin away and place the soft flesh, roasted garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt, tahini, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until combined.
- Transfer eggplant dip into a bowl, stir in spinach, and add more salt to taste. Serve with pita or flatbread and enjoy.
This dip is so versatile and can be used with a variety of vegetables. Eggplant works particularly well because when it is roasted, it has a smoky flavor that makes for a delicious dip. Eggplants feature a host of vitamins and minerals but they also contain important phytonutrients, many of which have antioxidant properties that protect our hearts! Our favorite treat is to pair this dip with Mary's Gone Crackers.