It’s wrap time! You’ve probably had many different kinds of wraps before, but have you found one that tastes as delicious as this, with the bonus of being healthy and raw as well?
These wraps are a great way to get your daily dose of veggies in a tasty little package. You can also choose your favorite vegetables to slice up so you can have all the options you love without any that you might find unpleasant. Some of the ingredients will need to be prepared beforehand—the soaked and sprouted seeds, for instance—but after that, you can make this recipe in a jiffy. Give it a try!
Really Raw Wraps with Sun-Almond Pâté
Makes approx. 3½ cups
Vegan, Gluten Free
Sun-Almond Pâté Ingredients:
- 1½ cups raw almonds, sprouted—soak in water 8 hours or overnight, drain well and measure
- ½ to 2/3 cup sunflower seeds, sprouted—soak 2 hours or overnight, drain well
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh garlic
- ½ to 2/3 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin, to taste
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened sunbutter (the green lid)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- ¼ cup hemp oil or Maison Orphee walnut or Robust extra virgin olive oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground pepper, or to taste
Puree first five ingredients in a food processor.
Add Sunbutter and lemon juice. Blend to combine, and while processor is running on low, slowly drizzle in oil.
Taste and add additional seasonings to taste, for example, more oil, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, etc.) Blend to the consistency and thickness you prefer.
Serve as directed below or stuff into endive or baby lettuce leaves or enjoy with gluten free crackers and veggie crudités.
- 1 cup slivered or chopped veggies such as peppers, cabbage, carrots, onions, greens, cilantro, radishes, celery, sprouts, and so on
- Raw wraps (I used Live Sundried tomato wraps) or large collard, kale, or Boston lettuce leaves,
Assemble your wraps:
Arrange your raw wraps on a flat table, making as many as desired. If using fresh lettuce wraps, wash and pat dry. Then, using a small knife, remove the thick rib of the stem so that it lies flat. Lay out on a cutting board or counter.
Place about ¼ to ⅓ cup of your sun-almond pâté onto your wraps, spreading evenly in a thin layer over approximately ⅓ of each of them. Top with veggies as desired. Roll each of the wraps up very tightly, folding the ends in like a burrito. Wrap in parchment paper and enjoy as is or with a side salad or soup.Teri Gentes www.terigentes.comLifestyle Wellness and Whole Foods Coach and Chefrn"
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.