Article Published on Mar 28, 2016
These macaroons won’t leave you marooned. Filled with protein and natural good stuff, this great-tasting treat provides the perfect on-the-go nutrition!
These cute l’il protein macaroons are packed with protein and all-natural goodness to keep your immune system and organ health functioning with ease and strength. Minimal time in the kitchen and you can make enough for the week. Great to eat as a high protein, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, chemical-free DELICIOUS snack on the go. I love these for breakfast, too!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (not shredded)
- 2 tablespoons yacon syrup (or coconut nectar, maple syrup, or raw honey)
- 2 tablespoons brain octane oil from Bulletproof (or melted raw, organic, unprocessed coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1 serving scoop (about 2 tablespoons) Sunwarrior Vanilla Classic Plus Protein
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 2–4 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons yacon syrup (or maple syrup, or coconut nectar)
- 2 tablespoons Sunwarrior Vanilla Classic Plus Protein
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Put pecans in food processor and grind into powder. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until mixed evenly. If it is too dry, add 1 more teaspoon of coconut oil. Roll into bite size balls.
- Store in container in freezer or fridge.
- Eat and enjoy this snack that is SO GOOD and so good for you!
1) Roll into balls. Roll into shredded coconut, raw cacao powder, cinnamon, sesame seeds, or ground up nuts of choice.
2) Roll into mouth size balls. Place in mini muffin cups. Put thumb print in middle to create a divot. Fill with fave vegan, sugar-free icing of choice (see below). Freeze or refrigerate. If stored in freezer, let it thaw for 10 minutes before eating.
Creamy Icing Directions
Discard soaked cashew water. Place everything in food processor. Blend till super duper creamy and smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times. If it is not smooth enough, add 2 tablespoons of clean water, and re-blend. Use in center of macaroons. Or use as a healthy creamy protein spread or icing on any of your healthy desserts. Store in fridge.
- Use almonds or hazelnuts instead of pecans
- Use Brazil nuts instead of pecans
- Use hemp seeds instead of nuts
- Add 1 teaspoon maca powder
- Add reishi medicinal mushrooms from Four Sigmatic
- Add 1 drop of pure coffee essential oil from Living Libations
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.