Served up on a plate of baby spinach, this portobello fennel salad is healthy and delicious!rn
The ever-talented, vegan chef extraordinaire, Jason Wrobel, is in the kitchen with a super simple, yet surprisingly delicious portobello mushroom and shaved fennel salad with a homemade vinaigrette dressing.
Portobella Fennel Salad
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 capful Sunwarrior Immune Shield
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1–2 cups fresh fennel, sliced
- Handful baby spinach
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Begin making the dressing by mixing balsamic vinegar, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, olive oil, and Sunwarrior Immune Shield in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Gently brush on some of your freshly-made vinaigrette to your portobello mushroom caps, place on a baking sheet, and broil these babies until they’re nice, tender, and meaty. If you’re not into scalding hot pain, let the mushrooms cool for a bit.
- With a mandolin slicer, shave your fennel into a bowl, being very careful not to slice your fingers on the blade. Pour some of your reserve dressing over your freshly sliced fennel, and get on in there with your hands, making sure each piece is nicely coated.
- Now that your mushrooms are at a temperature that is suitable to work with, using a fork and sharp knife, cut into thin slices. Plate up your favorite greens, throw on your shaved fennel, pour on the remaining dressing, and top with the portobellos. For the finishing touch, add vegan shaved cheese, raw hemp seeds, and a final pinch of salt.
The only thing left to do is take a one-way trip to face-town. After tasting the explosion of flavor, you may want to make this salad for all your loved ones, who in turn may give up meat and move to a commune in Hawaii. That might happen… but if it doesn’t, that’s okay. This recipe is still delicious!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.