Article Published on May 12, 2016
When you're feeling snacky and want a sweet and healthy treat, you will definitely want to reach for pistachio brittle!
This brittle is a great treat for after a heavy meal. Brown rice syrup or coconut nectar do not spike your blood sugar as quickly as other sweeteners. Enjoyed in moderation, this brittle is a great dessert to keep on hand for when guests are over, or to give as a gift. It also tastes delicious on top of coconut ice cream, just saying!
With simple ingredients, including the healthy pistachio, this recipe is sure to delight everyone!
- 1 ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup brown rice syrup or coconut nectar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 ½ cup of pistachios
1. Prepare a sheet pan with a silpat or parchment.
2. In a pot, combine water, maple, and rice syrup or coconut nectar. Cook on medium low heat until your thermometer reads 300 degrees.
3. Add nuts, quickly stir and quickly pour onto pan.
4. Using an oiled rubber spatula, spread mixture out and let cool to room temperature before breaking into shards.
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.