A sweet and salty snack loaded with health benefits and flavor will have your back pre or post workout!
Craving something sweet and salty? These amazing protein balls will hit the spot and are great for healthy snacks or post-workout snacks. I have made these protein balls for a few years now, when I was trying to make some healthier snacks with only a few, real ingredients. I like to know and pronounce the ingredients that I put into my body. If you want to exercise and be the best that you can be, eating healthy is a huge part of it. This time when I made these, I added coconut oil and chia seed. They were a hit! They barely lasted two days around the house.
Do you know the health benefits of chia seeds and coconut oil? They are so good for you!
Health benefits of chia seeds:
- Deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories (fiber, protein, fat, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus).
- Loaded with antioxidants
- High in quality protein!
- Can help you lose weight
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
And those are just a few of the benefits!
Health benefits of coconut oil:
- Contain Medium Chain Triglycerides (used for quick energy)
- Increase your energy expenditure (helps you burn more fat)
- Can kill bacteria, viruses, helping fight infections
- Can improve blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease
- Can protect hair against damage, moisturize skin and function as sunscreen
The ingredients really pack a punch as far as health and nutrition is concerned. You should make yourself up some today!