A snack that tastes indulgent doesn't have to be indulgent. This orange kombucha ice cream satisfies your sweet tooth with the added benefit of good health!
In my quest to discover good old fashioned ice-cream but in a healthy way, I have whipped up something that is definitely versatile and beneficial. I have created Orange Kombucha Cake Ice-Cream and “Boy, what a treat!” If you like oranges or anything that has a nice citrus taste to it, then this one’s for you. Imagine fresh homemade orange ice-cream but with the bold, yet smooth, kombucha and gobs of baked cake batter in every bite. Bring your own spoon. This one’s a keeper.Kombucha is a fermented drink made with tea, sugar, bacteria and yeast. It has natural probiotic and antioxidants. Add that to the many health benefits of the plant-based Warrior Blend protein, and you have a truly healthy, satisfying snack.
Orange Kombucha Cake Ice-Cream
Prep Time: 35min + overnight freezing
- 4 scoops Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 4 scoops Warrior Blend natural protein
- 1 and 1/4 cup fermented kombucha with lime
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut water with pulp
- 1 and 1/2 cup fresh orange
- 2 teaspoons zest of orange
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla beans
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 10 pieces gluten-free shortbread cookies
- Combine all ingredients except shortbread cookies in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Next, add crumbled shortbread cookies and pulse to combine. Do not over blend.
- Next, pour the blended orange kombucha mix into ice-cream molds and fill to the top.
- Store in the freezer to be set over night.
- Take out and enjoy.
Itadakimasu! ~ Enjoy!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.