This nori roll recipe will rock your lunch! You can put anything in these sheets to make your own bite-sized sushi.
Marni Wasserman—author of Fermenting for Dummies and Plant-Based Diet for Dummies, culinary nutritionist, health strategist, Sunwarrior ambassador, and founder of Marni Wasserman’s Food Studio & Lifestyle Shop—pops into the kitchen in Sunwarrior’s HQ to put together a beautiful and delicious dish of sun seed nori rolls.
Nori Roll Recipe
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dulse
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 beets, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- Nori sheets
- Soak the sunflower seeds and almonds. Soaking is important as it will make them cream up nicely in the blender with the other ingredients to make them spreadable.
- Add sunflowers seeds and almonds to blender.
- Add lemon juice, dulse, tamari, and sea salt
- Blend all of those up. Keep some water on hand to make sure you get the right, creamy, spreadable consistency. Scrape down the side a couple times to get it all blended.
- Add herbs and spices. Marni uses some tarragon, sage, oregano, and ginger. Ginger really brings in the Asian flare you want. Lemon grass would be good too. Play around with the spices a little each time you make these. Blend again to mix these herbs and spices in.
- Lay your raw, organic nori on a cutting board, shiny side down and rough side up.
- Cut up your sushi-imitating veggies now. Avocado, beets, and cucumber work well, but you can try other veggies too, like shredded carrots, sprouts, jicama, radish, and more. Make a Mediterranean roll with tomatoes, olives, and balsamic vinegar. Make a dessert roll with fruits. There are millions of combinations.
- Spread on the sunbutter mixture, and then layer in on the vegetables. Layer from the bottom to make rolling easier later. Roll from the bottom and use the spread to glue the nori together.
- Gently cut with a serrated knife. You don’t want to squish them.
Enjoy the beauty and the flavor. So much nutritional power and deliciousness packed into each bite!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.